Tuesday 8 March 2011

Less is More - Pastels



At long last some sunshine although its still been very cold, hoping we get a few more days like today but will not be holding my breath.


Not having a good week so far as our poorly chinchilla passed away yesterday, we knew he wasn't fully recovered but he did seem to be on the road to recovery so it came as a shock - worst thing was breaking the news to my son who is in his first year at Uni in London and having a bit of a tough time - Muffin was his pet and he was obviously very upset - it was awful not being there to comfort him.


Anyway, today has been a bit better work hectic but no more than usual, came home and managed to finish off all the ironing (a rare occurance in this household) and then actually had a chance to do a little bit of crafting and do something for this week's Less is More challenge which is a colour challenge to use pastels. The standard of the entries for this week (and there are a lot of them already) is as high as ever and there is an awful lot of inspiration to be had by looking through them. I wasn't sure what I was going to do at first but browsing through the blogs I follow I spotted a post from Pink Petticoat about retiring images and remembered I had this one so thought I'd see what I could produce with it. Not entirely happy with this but I was determined to do something for the challenge and don't know if I'll get chance again this week - if I do I'll do a second entry. Let me know what you think, your comments are truely appeciated - I only started a blog as a means to "follow" others and gain inspiration but the Less is More challenges have really been addictive.




7 comments:

  1. Tam....that an adorable little image...love the punchwork and the pink is one of my fave colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trudi,
    This is a sweet little card and the design is good; the punched borders look great. For my taste however, although monochrome, I find that the pattern of the paper takes my eye away from the image.It's not that hectic, so I'm unsure why this should be, but it's just the reaction I got when looking at it. Something like the Pink Petticoat Fairy or Random dots may have complemented the image better.
    All that apart it's a really cute card!
    Thanks for joining us yet again, I'm so glad you are enjoying the challenges.
    See you next time.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Trudi
    Thanks for having a go at a CAS card, this design would adapt to create so many similar layouts, even using less detail
    Thank you for sharing
    Sorry about your pet
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous with that cute little dancing cat! I think the paper goes beautifully with it but perhaps there's too much of it? I bet it would be even prettier using just the paper and border on the right.

    I'm so sorry to hear about Muffin and understand how helpless you must have felt breaking the news to your son, but I'm sure he was comforted by your call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, sweet image, pretty in pink!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie, i love those pink Petticoat images, especially when they are Pink. x

    ReplyDelete